Already a Care Worker? Thinking about the next stage in your career? We are looking for someone to join our expanding Out of Hours Care Coordinating Team.
Caring Hands is a friendly, well established, local family run business, providing high-quality care and support to mostly older people in Fareham, Portchester, Gosport, Stubbington, Locks Heath and surrounding areas. We are proud of our excellent reputation and how we look after our team. If you are looking for a rewarding job where every day you make a difference, then this is a great opportunity for you!
- £1000 Loyalty Bonus*
- Excellent rate of pay – £372.20 basic per week (pro rata), plus £11.00 – £12.00 per hour for any care given
- Paid training and support provided
- Excellent mileage payments
- Staff bonuses and incentives e.g., for receiving compliment, 100% attendance, demonstrating company values
- Incentives paid for picking up extra visits/shifts
- Length of Service monetary awards
- Free 24/7 access to BUPA Employment Assistance Programme (confidential counselling and lifestyle support)
- Generous £300 Refer a Friend Scheme – recommend a friend and earn £300
- Company pension scheme
- Free uniforms, bag, PPE, hand sanitizer
- Opportunities for career development and to gain care qualifications
- Experience of providing care
- Knowledge of geographical area we cover
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to analyse a situation and take decisive action in a timely manner
- Strive to promote our company values:
- Providing excellent care that we would want for our loved ones
- Treating our clients with dignity and respect
- Always striving to improve
- Working together for the good of our team
Access to a vehicle and full UK driving license is essential.
Ongoing support and training
You will already have experience of providing care to clients in their own homes. Join our team in the next stage of your career and we will support you to reach your full potential, including:
- 13-week induction programme of paid training and support
- Paid shadowing of experienced Senior Care Workers
- Support to complete Level 3 Diploma or higher
- Mixture of paid on-line and classroom training
- Mentor support from an experienced Senior Care Worker
- Management support when the office is closed
What hours will I have to work?
You will be included in the Out of Hours Coordinator rota and be required to respond to calls between:
– 06.00 – 09.00 and 17.00 – 22.00 Monday to Thursday
– 06.00 – 09.00 and 16.00 – 22.00 Friday
– 06.00 – 22.00 on weekends
This role is flexible regarding what days you wish to work. You may wish to work alternate weeks or four days a week. We can discuss this further when you contact us.
Where will I be based?
You are not required to be office based. As long as you can respond to calls and cover care at short notice if needed, you can remain at home or go about your normal daily activities.
- Manage the logistics of out of hours care provision
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with clients, their next of kin, Care Workers and our commissioners
- Actively support Care Workers in the field
- Ensure all care visits are covered, including providing personal care if short staffed
*Welcome Bonus T&Cs – £500 paid at end of three-month induction, £500 paid at end of 6-month probation