Looking for a care worker role where you get guaranteed hours? At Caring Hands, we are currently looking for people to join our growing team, who have a passion for making that difference whilst gaining job satisfaction. We are proud of our excellent reputation and how we look after our team.
Caring Hands is a friendly, well established, local family run business, providing high-quality care and support to mostly older people in Fareham, Portchester, Gosport, Stubbington, Locks Heath and surrounding areas.
£23524 per annum (pro rata) – for 39 hours per week
Extra shifts picked up paid at £11.60 per hour
Care Worker Benefits
- £1000 Loyalty Bonus
- Guaranteed hours from Day 1
- Only expected to work one weekend in three
- Paid care worker training and support provided
- Paid holidays
- Excellent mileage payments
- Staff bonuses and incentives e.g., for receiving compliment, 100% attendance, demonstrating company values
- Length of Service monetary awards
- Free 24/7 access to BUPA Employment Assistance Programme (confidential counselling and lifestyle support)
- Generous £300 Refer a Friend Scheme – recommend a friend and earn over £300
- Company pension scheme
- Free uniforms, bag, PPE, hand sanitizer
- Opportunities for career development and to gain care qualifications
New to care?
Care worker experience is not required, as we know you will have life skills and skills from previous jobs that will help in your care role. In return we will support you to reach your full potential including a 13-week paid induction programme.
To join our team, you don’t have to have previous experience, as we will teach you care skills. What we are looking for is you demonstrating values that match ours, as these are much harder to teach. Our values are:
- Providing excellent care that we would want for our loved ones
- Treating our clients with dignity and respect
- Always striving to improve
- Working together for the good of our team
Access to a vehicle and full UK driving license is essential for our care worker job roles.
What hours will I have to work?
We are offering guaranteed hours of 39 or 26 hours per week. You will be expected to work one weekend in three. You will have the opportunity to pick up extra shifts if you wish at £11.60 per hour.
Our shifts are: 07.00 to 14.00 and 16.00 to 22.00.
- Provide high standards of personal care (support to get out of bed, washed, dressed, prepare meals, and give medication)
- Show kindness and compassion to our clients
- Encourage the independence and motivation of our clients. This may include taking them out, so they feel part of the community and not isolated
- Build an excellent rapport with the clients you visit through actively talking and listening to them about their interests
*Loyalty Bonus T&Cs – £500 paid on completion of three-month induction, £500 on completion of 6-month probation