Funding care for older people has received a lot of media coverage in recent years, with more people needing care, but not enough Government funding to provide the care we would want for our loved ones. Understandably funding your care can be a huge worry for you. Sadly, there is not enough money in the Government care funding pot and most people will need to pay for some of the care they want for our loved ones.

When you first contact us, we will give you an idea of how much your care needs will cost if we provided your care. We will then visit you and discuss your care options in more detail, giving you the actual cost for providing your care. We will also signpost you to funding that might be available to you for your care, as well as any benefits you or your loved one may be entitled to.

Local authority funding

Your local authority might be able to help with your homecare costs. If you are a resident of Hampshire Council, please contact them to request a care needs assessment. This will include a financial assessment to see if you are eligible for council-funded care support.

Direct payments

If you qualify for help from the Council with the cost of your care, they may offer you ‘direct payments’. They will pay you direct, so that you can arrange and buy your own care. This means you will have more choice, flexibility and control in arranging your own care.

NHS continuing healthcare funding

If you have a long-term complex medical condition or are nearing the end of your life you may be eligible for free social care arranged and funded solely by the NHS.  If you are a resident living in the Hampshire County Council area and think you may be eligible, contact the West Hampshire CCG.

Paying for your care from your own resources

If you do not qualify for council funding, or you choose not to be financially supported by the Council, you can arrange to pay for your own care direct with us.